Invisalign® Treatment in The Woodlands, TX
If the idea of metal brackets and wires has held you back from straightening your smile, Invisalign is a stellar alternative to traditional braces. Comfortable, discreet, and highly effective, Invisalign aligners have helped millions of patients improve their oral health and feel more confident in their smile. At Woodlands Village Braces, we’re proud to share this modern solution with our patients to achieve happier, straighter smiles.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an advanced orthodontic system that straightens smiles discreetly and effectively. Instead of traditional metal braces, it uses a series of clear plastic aligner trays. They’re designed to apply gradual pressure to the teeth and gently shift them into their proper positions. These trays are custom-made for each patient and replaced every two weeks. To create perfectly fitted aligners, we avoid uncomfortable molds to make impressions by using an advanced intra oral camera. For many patients, the best quality of Invisalign is that they’re virtually invisible for a cosmetically appealing solution for their orthodontic issues.
Who are Fitting Candidates for Invisalign?
Invisalign aligners are an amazingly versatile system to treat orthodontic issues, and most patients are great candidates for treatment. Invisalign trays are custom-made to fit every patient’s smile, allowing them to work well for teens to adults for a straighter smile.
There are a few cases where patients might not qualify for Invisalign treatment. During an initial consultation, we’ll examine your teeth for tooth decay and gum disease that could make treatment difficult. Recent restorative dental work, such as crowns and bridges, might also delay treatment as the gentle pressure from orthodontics may affect existing dental work. If oral health is an issue, we’ll help develop a treatment plan before beginning treatment to set patients up for success.
The Many Benefits of Invisalign Treatment
Invisalign has quickly become one of the most appealing orthodontic solutions for good reason. Their discreet appearance and flexible use have transformed the way patients achieve straighter smiles. Here are several of the notable benefits of Invisalign vs braces:
- Removable: Invisalign aligners can be removed before cleaning your teeth or meals. This means you can maintain your healthy smile and enjoy any foods you like without restriction.
- Virtually Invisible: The clear plastic trays mean others won’t even notice you’re wearing them. This is a perfect solution for those who have held back on metal braces because of their appearance.
- Economic: Invisalign cost is competitive with traditional braces. Although the price of Invisalign may be higher, the benefits make them well worth the investment for many patients.
- More Comfortable: Without brackets and wires, the smooth and thin plastic aligner trays provide a much more comfortable fit.
- Fewer Dental Visits: Invisalign checkups are less frequent than traditional braces, giving patients more flexibility with their schedule.
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
The length of Invisalign treatment depends on each patient’s needs. Mild orthodontic issues may be fixed in as little as six months. For more complex cases, treatment may continue for 12 to 18 months. During your consultation, we’re able to provide an accurate assessment to determine how long your treatment plan will last. When comparing Invisalign vs braces, most patients can expect a shorter treatment time.
Smile With Confidence From Beginning to End
If invisible aligners sound like the right choice for you, we’re ready to get you started! With over 20 years of orthodontic experience, Dr. Craig Pettey is here to make sure you get the best in accurate and caring treatment. Schedule a consultation at Woodlands Village Braces today and start the path toward a healthier, straighter smile with Invisalign.